Monday, March 21, 2016

On Courage and Emotion

At the end of all efforts, human emotion is not the thing which stops a person's progress, but the thing which allows them to go on. It is not a hindrance or a silly notion, but a real and visceral part of being alive. To deny emotion and to purposefully ignore its strength is to withhold yourself from the strongest thing inside of you, and the great efforts of the devil to subdue feeling is a testimony to its absolute power.

Apathy is a soul killer.

I admire the trait of emotion in my Mother. She feels so courageously. That's really hard for me. 

In the end, if I am to overcome the great test of life, I believe that I will have done so because I learned to open my heart to love, and give it freely to myself and all those around me; holding no part in reserve. How else can my soul be free?

As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.
-Jesus Christ 

No comments:

Post a Comment